Friday, December 20, 2013

Cebu Adventure 1.0

The Adventure...


The first adventure that I had travelling by plane was way back February, 2012.  This is the weeklong celebration of my friend and travelling buddy, Arfem.  We book a flight from Manila to Cebu and stayed there for the rest of the weekend.  Our goal is simple, to embark an adventure with the company of your close friends.  Since we did not know anything about the place we decided to stay in the hotel near the airport and google some places that are "must see".

Places to visit:

  • Lapu-Lapu Shrine






Since we are already in the Mactan Island, the nearest you can visit is the Lapu-lapu shrine.  It is a small park with couple of shops in the area.  It is morning when we get there and there are already lots of tourist swarming the area.

  • Magellan's Cross










We hit the road to Magellan's Cross to visit the capital of Cebu, Cebu City.  We catch some ladies dancing with candles and offering their services to pray for you to Sto. Nino.  The Sto. Nino church is just a walking distance away from it so we decided to take a look around.  I am amazed by old architectural design of old buildings and churches.  The church grounds is peaceful and tranquil.  


  •  Crown Regency Hotel


 























 


The adventure begins and ends here.  If you are into one stop adventure, Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu is the right place for you.  I am a city girl and I like in the busy streets and comfort of urban world.  The hotel offers packages for the activities you want. For more information, visit their website: http://www.skyexperienceadventure.com/

Our adventure begins with a lunch buffet in the hotel's restaurant, Wang Shan Lo.  They offer chinese cusine with a great view in the balcony.  We can see the island of Bohol from it!  What makes the lunch special is the place and the company you are with.

After a sumptuous meal, we headed to the 4D cinema to watch a 15 minute flick which really makes you feel that you are really part of the film.  This is way better that Quantum-X in manila. 

Since the package that we got let us choose either Skywalk or Edge Coaster ride, which by the way I am not in favor of since I am acrophobic, Arfem choses for us to try Skywalk Extreme.  That is by far the most extreme thing that I have done. And I get a certificate that I made it out of that horrifying ordeal.

The hotel package also gave us free access to the swimming pools.  Since I don't know how to swim, I just stay in the shallow part of the pool and dunk into the water once or twice.



The Mishaps Along The Way...


Not all trips and adventures goes silky smooth.  A lot of times we hit and miss.  Time is our constant enemy in every trip.  It seems that it is not enough for the things that we want to do.  On our last night in Cebu, we decided to dine out and get a massage afterwards.  Since we are not that familiar to the area, we roam around to look for a decent place to eat.  It is already 10:45 PM and some of the restaurants are already closed.  We have passed 3 spa's that are still open in search for food.  Thus, no local restaurants are available except for the Korean Dinner that is open 24 hours.  Sadly, I am not a big fan of Korean cuisine.  Since we are already starving, I am down to what ever they might offer.  The price for a meal was pretty expensive specially for a dinner like that. So I decided to order something simple, a bowl noodles.  Unfortunately, the taste of the dish doesn't agree to my palate.  So I just ate the whole thing because I am hungry.  After the meal, we decided to go back to the place where we see the spa sign.  Once we got there it is already closed.  My feet is already tired and my stomach is not satisfied with that nights dinner so just imagine my agony.  So we went back to the hotel and just rested for a couple of hours since our flight back to Manila is 3:00 AM.  On our flight back home was quite turbulent. But since we are all sleepy and tired from all of the things we done, we slept the whole flight home.











No comments:

Post a Comment